As an Arbonne representative I get asked a lot of questions, such as:
Is Arbonne an MLM? Yes.
So it is a pyramid scheme? No.
But, if it is an MLM then it must be a pyramid scheme, right? Sorry, friend you are wrong again. Pyramid Schemes, have only one purpose. They rely on recruitment of new members to bring in money. Awe, yes, it is true. When your involved in a pyramid scheme you move up only when you recruit people to work under you and you make money off of them. So no, not all MLM’s are bad news my lovely amiga’s! I am currently at the same level (District Manager) as my sponsor and technically I can surpass her at anytime. I move up based on my personal sales only.
Do you guys sell lotions? Yes, our lotions are mineral oil & paraben free, absorb like a miracle drug, and are basically crack for you skin. (Ok, I never answer that way, I would get a lot of wild, Girl You Crah-Crah looks.)
Do you have items that will help with my hair? Yes, and nails!
Do you have a nutrition program? Yes, ma’am! 30 Days to Healthy living y’all!
I need kissable soft lips do you have a product for that? Oh, yes lip slave, scrub, and some sexy gloss and baby your lips with never be un-kissed again! (Ok, never once has that actual question been asked, it’s more boring, “Do you have stuff to help my chapped lips?”)
But, one of the most common questions I am asked is: Do you have eye creams? I have bags under my eyes, do you have an eye cream for that? I have dark circles under my eyes, do you have an eye cream for that? My crows feet are terrible, do you have an eye cream for that? My lids are getting saggy, do you have an eye cream for that? –Far be it if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure every Arbonne rep can agree that eye cream questions happen ALL THE TIME.
So, that is where this blog comes in. As always on Monday I write something health or beauty related. I do my best to keep my topics user friends and not completely Arbonne obsessed. That would get annoying, I agree. Admittedly though, I do plug in some things at the end of my posts. I do this because it is a product I believe in and a company that I am passionate about.
I am bringing all this up because today’s post will be a little more heavy handed then the usual blog. I get so many questions about eye creams that I thought it would be best to do a post about it. Tell you what we offer and why it is all that and a bag of chips.
Why We Should Use An Eye Cream In The First Place:
- Eye creams are formulated specifically for the delicate skin around the eye, so they tend to be thicker. They contain more oil than a regular facial lotion, and they have a lot of active ingredients aimed at the problems we see around the eyes.
- The skin around the eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue. Squinting and constant movement of the eyes also hasten the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and fluids collect under the eyes and cause puffiness and dark circles. Eye creams can address some of these issues
- Fine lines and wrinkles come from both sun damage and your skin making less collagen as you age. Collagen helps maintain skin’s elasticity. Vitamin C, peptides, and retinol have boosted collagen production. Ceramide and hyaluronic acid also help; these are moisturizers that help prevent water loss in the skin and improve elasticity. (See my posts Why taking a Collagen Boost or BUILDER is GOOD Idea & Traditional Collagen vs. Plant-Based Collagen Builders)
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Eye Cream:
- DON’T USE TOO MUCH – I always tell people that a half-pump is MORE then enough for BOTH eyes. The skin surrounding your eyes is actually quite a small area. Generally, a pea-sized amount of eye cream should be enough to cover the skin under both eyes.
APPLY IN THE RIGHT ORDER. Here is an eye cream guide to keep in mind, you should apply products based on thickness. If your eye cream is richer and heavier than your moisturizer, it should go on top. If it’s lighter than your serum, make sure it goes under your moisturizer.
USE IT ON DAMP SKIN. If you want to get the most out of your moisturizer, you should apply it onto damp skin. That’s because applying moisturizer to wet or damp skin can help lock in hydration, and the same rule can be applied to eye cream.
DON’T PUT THE PRODUCT TOO CLOSE TO YOUR EYES. If you’re applying product to your lids or near your lashes, that’s too close. Simply dot the product along the orbital bone, right under your eyebrow, and under your eyes in a semi-circle shape about half an inch below your lash line. When you apply eye cream any closer, you risk it migrating and getting into your eyes, which can lead to irritation and infection.
BE GENTLE. The skin surrounding the eyes is the most delicate skin on your face, so there’s no reason to handle it roughly. Instead, blend eye cream out with gentle patting and tapping motions, using just the pad of your ring finger, which has a more delicate touch, comparatively.
MOVE SLOW. Give your eye cream a little time to rest before moving on to makeup and applying foundation or concealer on top. This can help ensure the product has time to absorb and keep it from shifting when you go to layer makeup on top.
USE MORNING AND NIGHT. We should all cleanse our skin and moisturize twice a day, we should also apply eye cream morning and night. I promise you it will be WAY more effective this way.
BE PREVENTATIVE & START NOW. A frequent misconception is that you should only start using eye cream once your skin starts to show signs of visible aging. Even if fine lines and wrinkles really aren’t your main concern, you should absolutely still be using an eye cream regularly in order to keep your under-eye skin hydrated.
PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SPECIFIC CONCERNS. Not all eye creams are created equal. While using pretty much any eye cream is better than using none, you aren’t doing the most for your skin if you’re using a cream that isn’t meant to address your specific skin care concerns.
The Eye Creams We (Arbonne) Offers:
RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Cream – Made from sustainable orange stem cells this eye cream helps to improve the appearance of skin radiance, elasticity, firmness and texture while minimizing the appearance of wrinkles by conditioning the skin. This cream has stabilized vitamin C which boosts and maintains moisture by supporting collagen, resulting in an improved appearance of fine lines while restoring a natural, youthful glow. Other dominant ingredients are, brown algae extract, peptides, caffeine, olive squalene, and niacinamide. These ingredients help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by moisturizing the skin’s outer layer, enhance the appearance of skin smoothness, improve the appearance of skin tone, firmness, and suppleness by adding moisture. Caffeine reduces the appearance of puffiness and ark circles, helping to restore the appearance of youthful radiance through hydration. The olive squalane contains omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, replenishes the skin’s natural lipid barrier tosupport moisturization for soft, smooth, healthy-looking skin. Niacinamid is a form of vitamin B3, helps to support the skin’s moisture barrier with hydration to enhance the appearance of brightness and even tone.
Reduces the appearance of key signs of aging seen on the fragile skin around the eye, including puffiness, fine lines, deep wrinkles and dark circles.
Results appear quickly and continue to improve with consistent, twice-daily use.
Suitable for all skin types and for contact lens wearers.
79% showed improvement in crow’s feet, using this eye cream.
- RE9 Advanced Lifting and Contouring Eye Cream – Delivers the appearance of more lifted, awakened skin around the eyes, improving the look of facial contours. YES! This eye cream also tones skin and restores a firmer look to the eye area, reducing the appearance of “crepiness,” allowing the delicate skin to feel firm and retain a more youthful appearance! Ingredients:
- Peony root extract: Deeply conditions to deliver more lifted-looking skin; helps redensify and contour, making skin feel firmer and smoother. Algae extract: Targets the needs of the extracellular matrix, supporting collagen on the skin’s outer layer, improving the appearance and definition of facial contours. Tri-peptides: Target skin tone and firmness by supporting collagen and elastin. Vitamin C and algae extract work together to support collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, and help deliver an appearance of overall more lifted and contoured skin. Sea buckthorn oil: supports skin moisturization with antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin C. Olive fruit oil contains antioxidants that support hydration and promote the look of softer, smoother skin. Cassava supports an immediate appearance of lifting and smoothing on the skin.
- After 2 weeks: 83% showed improvement in the appearance of crow’s-feet. 83% showed improvement in the appearance of lift. 75% showed improvement in the appearance of eye area contour. 81% showed improvement in the appearance of wrinkle severity. 75% showed improvement in the appearance of total wrinkle count.
- After 8 weeks: 83% showed improvement in the appearance of crow’s feet. 91% showed improvement in the appearance of lift. 88% showed improvement in the appearance of eye area contour. 91% showed improvement in the appearance of wrinkle severity.
- RE9 Advanced Brightening Eye Cream – This is the eye cream I use personally, with the Big-Hydia Eye Gel (we will get to that later.) The brightening eye cream has the proprietary SakuraBright Complex, with dermatologist-recognized brightening ingredients, which help improve the appearance of skin glow and luminosity, minimizing the look of dark spots with consistent use.
- Arbonne Bio-Hydria Eye Gel – To me this a complete must have. I put this on day and night underneath my brightening eye cream. Love, LOVE, love, this product. It is a refreshingly light, hydrating formula featuring Arbonne’s proprietary Edulis Cellular Water, Aloe Vera, and key botanicals flood the skin with nonstop moisture to prevent dehydrated skin, leaving it feeling replenished with a dewy finish. Plus it has an awesome cooling effect and visibly brighten’s your under eye. I am a mom of two littles, looking like I sleep is a must for me.
- Soothing Eye Gel – This gentle, ophthalmologist-tested eye gel glides on with our cool roller ball applicator for an instantly refreshing feel. Helps reduce the appearance of puffiness and hydrates the eye area for smoother-looking skin. It contains aloe vera, cucumber, licorice, mallow, chamomile, sea mayweed, and Japanese green tea. After 2 days – 92% agreed it softened and helped replenishmoisture to the skin around the eye. 86% agreed it helped restore moisture to the skin around the eyes for an improved, youthful appearance. 86% agreed it helped reduce the appearance of under-eye puffiness.After 7 days – 94% said the product cooled, revitalized and moisturized to help minimize the appearance of aging around the eyes.
- RE9 Advanced Prepwork Gel Eye Masks –These masks are a crowd favorite and for best results store them in your fridge. They are ultra soothing and cooling masks that immediately hydrate. Turns tired, puffy-looking raccoon eyes into wide-awake, radiant doe eyed glory! They harvested Kakadu plum, with vitamin C, to boost and maintain moisture, resulting in an improved appearance of baby lines while restoring a natural, youthful glow! They also have, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, acai, cranberry, and blueberry extracts, which are sources of antioxidants, help keep skin looking healthy and conditioned with hydration.
- Men’s Eye Repair Cream – That’s right men, we are looking out for you too. This eye cream is specifically targeted to men made with Japanese pagoda tree flower extract, a botanical containing antioxidant properties, helps improve skin’s moisture barrier to help dull, over-worked and tired-looking skin appear more fresh and healthy. It also contains Vitamin C to help support collagen through moisturization to improve the look of skin texture as well as help firm, reinforce and strengthen the appearance of skin tone. Algae extract moisturizes to support collagen, helping diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Malachite, a naturally derived copper-containing extract, acts as an antioxidant to support the formula’s moisturizing benefits to protect against environmental dryness, for healthy-looking skin. Manihot esculenta tuber extract helps relax the look of wrinkles through hydration. After 1 week –96% showed improvement in the appearance of brightness around the eyes. 92% showed improvement in texture and smoothness. 89% showed improvement in overall appearance. After 4 weeks – 65% had improvement in the appearance of under-eye dark circles. 92% of men showed improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 100% showed improvement in the appearance of skin firmness. 96% showed measured improvement in the appearance of skin elasticity.
See also: Skincare For Men
Which Eye Cream Are You? Comment Your Answer Below!
LET’S STAY CONNECTED